Monday, June 23, 2008

Truth


The saving grace of truth is bravery. Courage is a mighty agent, under all circumstances courage preserves, is the mightiest of all solvents in mind.

But what makes a person virtuous is justice. No doubt justice is somewhere: I struggle to catch sight of it, if you see it first, let me know so that it does not creep away, pass out of sight and escape.

Justice, there is no path, little light if I go about looking for what I already have I look not at what I am seeking, but what is far off in the distance; therefore I fail to recognize justice.

Justice is fairness, evenhandedness, it is the only virtue, which remains in a society when all the other virtues, temperance and courage and wisdom, are gone, therefore, l lower ye my bucket where I stand.

No comments: